Jul 5, 2013
Dear sirs, I am wondering if HIV transmission by accupuntre needles is possible. I had some treatment on my elbow and back and even though I have been told that disposal needles were used the human mind (and google) is giving me some sleepless nights. Question is that hypothetically if there was blood on a acupuntre needle what would the risk be.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Probably not. Solid bore needles like those used in acupuncture are not very good at transmitting HIV - as opposed to hollow needles used for blood draws or injecting.
Risk of hepatitis B or C would be much greater than HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.