If I miss a dose of Norvir should I still take Prezista?

I've been 100% adherent since starting meds four years ago. My viral load is undetectable. I use a mail order pharmacy, and they're usually pretty efficient. This time I cut my refill order close and the delivery is running a day later than they told me.

Because my Docs helped me out a few times with samples and leftover bottles they had, all my bottles run out at slightly different times. I'm on a regimen of Truvada, Prezista and Norvir, and tonight I'll be without the Norvir.

Should I still go ahead and take the other meds? I know the Prezista and Norvir are supposed to work together. Could taking one without the other lead to complications? Is there anything to worry about otherwise?

Making sure I stay adherent is the biggest stress in all of this to me (seriously I have bad dreams about missing doses) and I'm kind of freaking out over this.

Hello and thanks for posting.

If you're only out of the Norvir for one dose, I'd take the remainder of your medications and resume all meds as soon as possible.

It's prudent to use this situation to see what you can do to avoid this in the future- perhaps earlier refill requests, pill boxes, reminders (not just for pill taking, but for refill requests).

I hope that helps, BY

AIDS can live longer than DIABETES
Starting Meds for the first Time(corrected)