Bio availability

I keep hearing that it is best to take Stribild with food. I understand the idea behind increasing the bio availability, but is it necessary? Is Stribild not effective without a fatty meal? Does it need to be more effective than it is by itself?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's recommended that Stribild be taken with food. This is because on an empty stomach, the levels of the various medication in the the pill decrease by around 25% or more.

If I was taking a medication, I would not want to jeopardize it's effectiveness in stopping HIV. If taking your Stribild on a regular basis with food is a problem for you (and this is part of adherence too), I'd speak to your care provider about alternatives that don't have this requirement.

Be well, BY

is there a trend???
Switching Atripla for Complera