Kivexa in the morning and Stocrin at night?

Hi Dr. Young, I'm with Kivexa and Stocrin (one pill of each per day) and I wonder if I could take one of Kivexa in the morning and the other one (Stocrin) at night before going to bed. Some of my friends take both at the same time, but I think that's too much for my liver. Would it be ok to do that? Thank you very much.

Hello and thanks for posting.

While yes, you could separate the doses of your Kivexa (Epzicom) and Stocrin (Sustiva), there's really no reason to do so. If your otherwise healthy and you have appropriate monitoring, this regimen rarely causes liver toxicity; and anyways, separating the doses won't change the toxicity profile and might make optimal adherence more difficult.

BY

pregnancy
HIV TEST & PEP