Jul 1, 2013
im hiv positive and have been taking a combination of lamzid and efavirenz, ive just discovered im 7weeks pregnant, how safe is the medication?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting your timely question.
The most recent HIV treatment guidelines from the World Health Organization (released just this week) recommend that women like you simply continue on the AZT/3TC (Lamzid, Combivir) and efavirenz regimen- a vote for the overall safety of the medications and the strong desire (and benefit to the baby) of keeping your HIV suppressed.
Good luck with the pregnancy and be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- The Master Cleanse And Hiv
- Hiv Infection Risk From Kissing An Hiv Positive Man
- Will Hpv 6 And 11 Clear On Their Own?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.