missed one dose of issentress/PEP

i think I was exposed to the hit virus a few weeks ago i went to my doctor and he put me on hiv med the next day.. i was counting my issentress and i have a extra one . i think i forgot to take it one night. can this be a problem? also no one told me to stop my cholesterol meds Is this also a problem?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Missing a single dose of PEP medication (assuming that the rest of your adherence is good) won't have any consequences on the effectiveness of the treatment.

There shouldn't be any problems with drug-drug interactions with your cholesterol medications.

BY

Switching medication due to lipo
Chronic Flu like symptoms (HIV+)