wat if atrippla doesnt work for me no more

Ive been on a trippla for 6 years .its not working no more ..wat can I do wats next ..can I start on complera ..

Hello and thanks for posting.

Why is the Atripla no longer working? Is it because of side effects, toxicity or drug resistance?

In most cases (particularly kidney toxcity or drug resistance), switching from Atripla to Complera won't be advisable, since the medications in the two combo are very similar. Tenofovir and FTC are shared between the two and the resistance profiles of efavirenz (part of Atripla) and rilpirivirine (part of Complera) are similar.

If you're experiencing virological failure of Atripla, do know that there should be other highly effective regimens for you- the selection of that next combo should be guided by knowledge of your virus' drug resistance testing.

I hope that's helpful, BY

one dose on two days
Switching medication due to lipo