Combining single and twice a day medicines
Jun 28, 2013
Hi, I'm taking single dose (once-a-day) Duovir, but twice-a-day dose Viramune. Should I take it all together, once a day, or continue taking the Viramune twice a day?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello R and thanks for posting.
I'm not aware of a once-daily Duovir (AZT+3TC)--this combo is typically dosed twice daily. Viramune (nevirapine) can either be taken once- or twice-daily.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should You Get Tested Again For Hiv If Your First Test Come Back Negative?
- Why Does Having Chlamydia Increase The Risk Of Hiv Transmission?
- Does Neuropathy Cause Leg Tremors?
- What Can Cause A False Negative Hiv Test Result?
- I Am In Love With Someone Who Is Hiv Positive
- Difference Between Hiv And Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.