herpes meningitis

I just got diagnosed with herpes meningitis. it came as a total shock. they started me on anti-virals and it is helping. my husband and I have been together for 8 years, I believe I got this from my-ex husband 9 years ago- he was permiscuous and in iv drug user ( I didn't do either}. they are testing me for hiv. I am scare to death. what do you think are my chances that I will be positive . I don't have any of the early symtoms of hiv.

Hello and thanks for posting.

While herpes meningitis can be a potentially very serious issue, if diagnosed early and treated, many individuals recover without complications.

Herpes meningitis occurs in both HIV+ and HIV- individuals. Alone, it's not an indicator of having HIV, though getting tested for HIV is now recommended for nearly all individuals between ages 15-65.

I hope that helps, BY

taking treatment while drinking beer
Combining single and twice a day medicines