medication

Dear Sir I am leaving in Asia at the moment my cd4 are 459 my medication is Lamizidivir + Sustiva night time, for several weeks I am felling very depress also I am very thin I am 67 year old is any problem whit my medication? is time to change? thanks for your attention tom

Hello Tom and thank you for posting.

Seems like you're not tolerating your medications very well. The medication in Sustiva (efavirenz) can sometimes exacerbate symptoms of depression; the zidovudine (AZT) part of Lamizidivir (we call it Combivir) can also cause anemia, fatigue, and after prolonged use loss of fat (called lipodystrophy).

There are other causes of depression and low weight, though with a CD4 count of 450, it's unlikely that a HIV/AIDS complication is a major risk.

I'd suggest speaking to your care provider about your symptoms- hopefully he or she will be able to help you navigate your side effects and symptoms.

Be well, BY

TB skin test is 15mm
creation of deases/infection