TB skin test is 15mm

I went for a TB skin test and the result was 15mm. What does that mean. Am afraid of taking TB drugs. I read somewhere that they damage the liver.

Please advise.

best regards,

K

Hello K and thanks for posting.

A TB skin test of 15 mm (if interpreted correctly) is an indication of prior exposure to tuberculosis bacteria. Alone, this does not necessarily mean that you have active tuberculosis- only a physical examination and x rays can determine this.

If you don't have active tuberculosis, preventative medicines, usually isoniazid (called INH) are frequently recommended to lower the likelihood of you developing tuberculosis in the future. These medications can, on occasion, cause liver inflammation, but properly monitored, this is rarely a significant complication. If you're over the age of 40, or have other liver problems, INH preventive therapy (called IPT) is generally not recommended.

I hope that's helpful, BY

11 ATTEMPTS ALREADY PLS ANSWER VERY FRUSTRATING
medication