syphilis

Hi Dr I been treat in 2006 with syphilis now 7 year later my rpr is reactivo and the test for the syphilis is reactive too, I went to the health department and they told that I don have to be retreat but I am so worry because I dont know if that is goig to afect my pregnacy. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

A positive syphilis test means that you were exposed to syphilis (or have active infection). If you were treated in the past, asymptomatic and the titer is low (generally equal to or less than 1:16 is not a reason for concern), then there's no need for retreatment and there's no risk during pregnancy.

Without knowing your past treatment history or current titer, I can't be more specific, but urge you to speak to your care providers to be certain.

Be well, BY

kaletra/truvada or stribild
Possible double dose of Complera