Missing a dose

Hello Doctor!,

I am 23 years old and I was diagnosed HIV+ on August 2012. I have been very committed with my treatment since the beginning, and I do everything I can so I am healthy (exercise, eat well, etc). I am on vacation now, and I was counting my pills of Truvada and Reyataz, and I will be missing just one dose of these two pills. My Norvir pills are OK. I am afraid of skipping a dose. On my last viral load I obtained 46, and my doctor said it was undetectable, this was last April. He also said that my body was doing excellent with the treatment.

What would you recommend? Take the Norvir pill without the other two? Or maybe plan the day I am going to skip the dose and do more exercise and eat better? I am really worried. I dont want my viral load to increase.

Thank you!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sounds like your doing an excellent job with your adherence-- congratulations! Missing a single dose (or day's) medications won't pose any problems for you.

I'd simply hold all three of your medications (Truvada, Norvir and Reyataz) until you have the complete set.

Worry not (and be well), BY

TPHA possitive
danish scientist are closure to find a hiv cure what does it mean.