hiv accute stage

hello sir , my friend got hiv infection , he is suffering with loose motions and loss of apetite . doctor saying he is in advanced stage . his immune count is 58 .is there any life risk or how long he will survive ? he is treating with viraday now thanks in advance

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your friend certainly has advanced HIV infection and symptomatic AIDS (with a very low CD4 cell count).

He has however, started on a very effective first-line treatment for HIV (Viraday is also known as Atripla)-- one that is on the current US treatment recommendation list. If he can remain adherent to his medications and stay engaged in his medical care, I'd say that his prognosis can be excellent. Indeed, he has the possibility of a normal life expectancy.

It may take several weeks or a few months for his health to turn around- during this time he can use your help with adherence and support.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Medicine
Progression to Aids within a year?