I am completely unwell after PEP treatment

Hi Dr. Sorry to bother you but i really need your advice on this. I had unprotected sex with a random girl from a club. I went to the clinic and they did not have the PEP treatment and referred me to the doctor. The doctor gave me PEP tablets that i took for 30 days. I started the treatment on the 56th hour after exposure. This happened about 2 months ago so it's a month now after finishing the treatment. The doctor tested me for HIV a day after finishing treatment and had negative results. The whole of this month after finishing the treatment i am unwell everyday and night. Were the HIV test results accurate?? I have a headache, flu and just feeling weak now. I am taking med-lemon for about 4 days now but i am still unwell. It is sero-conversion starting to occur now?? Are these HIV signs. I am really worried Dr. Thank you.

Hello and thanks for posting.

HIV tests are usually very accurate. Additionally, if PEP was prescribed and taken appropriately, it's highly effective in preventing HIV infection.

However, while a HIV test 2 months after exposure is reassuring, a test at 3 months is required to be certain.

Having said that, there are many, many things other than HIV that can cause headache and flu-like symtoms. I'd suggest speaking to your care provider about your symptoms.

BY

TPHA
Medicine