Jun 18, 2013
My cd4 count is275 now i am started ART HOW MUCH SAFE I AM AND HOW LONG I HAVE TO CONTINUE
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's good that you're taking HIV medications- with an initial CD4 count of 275, you were in the immune health range where I'd expect to see symptoms, and you were approaching the AIDS-defining level of 200.
If you can stay engaged in care and adherent to your medications, your health risks will be expected to improve over the next months, particularly as your viral load becomes undetectable.
It's recommended by all major international agencies that you should stay on HIV medications indefinitely-- probably for life (or until we have very different treatment strategies).
I hope that helps and wish you well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Gonorrhea Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.