PEP or no PEP
Jun 12, 2013
I had unprotected sex with a person that may be HIV+. Male to male, me on top. This lasted for about 3-5min. I did not ejaculate in this person. Should I consider taking PEP?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
While being an insertive (top) sexual partner is of lower risk than the receptive (bottom) partner, there's still potential HIV risks.
If it's still within 72 hours of exposure, I'd consider using PEP. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.