PEP or no PEP
Jun 12, 2013
I had unprotected sex with a person that may be HIV+. Male to male, me on top. This lasted for about 3-5min. I did not ejaculate in this person. Should I consider taking PEP?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
While being an insertive (top) sexual partner is of lower risk than the receptive (bottom) partner, there's still potential HIV risks.
If it's still within 72 hours of exposure, I'd consider using PEP. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.