Switching Med- Osteoporosis

Thank you again on my options with Osteoporosis, decided I will hold off on meds and take calcium vitamin plus D and see how that goes. I know that Tenofovir does not help on my bone mineral, is there any regiment that you can recommend that has no Tenofovir? That's also less toxic and easy on this old mans bones.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's good to know that the previous Q/A was of value to you.

As for tenofovir-sparing treatments, by convention, if you're genetically negative for the HLA B5701 marker, abacavir (part of Epzicom) could be a very reasonable substitute.

Indeed, its exactly this scenario that I believe that abacavir-based regimens make good sense (if all other factors are equal).

Stay in touch, and let us know how you're doing. BY

HIV and STDs
PEP or no PEP