Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Red Rash & Sore throat feeling suicidal
Jun 6, 2013

Hi, On 26 April 2013 I went to a lapdance club in UK. I had lapdance with two girls. First girl eveything was ok had my full clothes on. During second lapdance, I had strange feeling on my penis head. But I am not sure, if my penis came out of my pants & underwear or not. I am assuming it came out and it did touch the genitalia of the stripper for about 2 mins. I dont think there was any intercourse. Now after 5 weeks I have dry throat (no problem swallowing or drinking water)(Its there for 5 days now) & red colour rash appearing on my forehead between but just above my eyebrows about 1 cms long, flat not ichty and colour is fading. Do I have contracted HIV. I am feeling suicidal and have tried attempting it once. I am freaked out and think of doing a complete suicide

Response from Dr. Young

Hi,

You had essentially no risk of getting HIV from your exposure. Indeed, your symptoms don't sound at all like acute HIV infection. At all.

Please try to locate services that can help you with your feelings; but write me back here anytime.

BY

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. Suicidal thoughts are an extremely serious concern, even more so if any kind of plan is envisioned. Sometimes when faced with an "endless loop" of worry about physical symptoms and potential lifelong impact, one begins to crave for relief and passing thoughts of suicide emerge out of desperation.

I encourage you to speak with your physician about your actual risk and then address your anxiety with tools that will help you. Psychotherapy can be very effective in these situations as it is often our erroneous thoughts and beliefs about situations that create these feelings. These thought patterns can be changed.

Remember, if your suicidal feelings persist or become acute you need to immediately reach out for help.

Take care, David

Previous
Complera and Throat issues
Next
Virologic Failure?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.