Complera and Throat issues

Hi Dr.Young, Continued thanks on your support and guidance for us. I do in fact chew my Complera,as I was informed by you that that shouldn't be an issue or any less effective then swallowing it whole and was safe to do so. However, for the past several few weeks it's been feeling like there's a lump or clog of mucous at the base of my throat near the very bottom (Sorta where my Thyroid or my thyroid itself)that won't go away, or go down. I've been to the ENT who did a small scope to where my voice box was, but they didn't find anything. They stated that couldn't go down that far to where I was pointing at and that further testing such as an upper GI endoscopy would be needed on that front. I had one of those 5 years ago. Before becoming positive. In hindsight, do you think I could have cancer or anything else critically serious, and am I crazy for thinking Chewing my complera could be causing harm to the throat or just not working? As you can probably read into this. I am nervous and have doubt continually at times. Thanks in Advanced

Hello and thanks for posting.

I wouldn't think that chewing your medications would cause your symptoms- nor do they seem to be related to cancer.

Do you have difficulty swallowing? Liquids or solids, or both? Do you have reflux or indigestion?

While I'm not hearing anything alarming, it might be good to circle back to your primary care provider if the symptoms persist more than a few more weeks.

BY

In Thailand on Combivir + Kaletra. Should be Truvada?
Red Rash & Sore throat feeling suicidal