Lab Results

Hello Dr Young,

1st I wanted to thank you because since I was diagnosed You really help me to understand more about HIV, I am very concern about my cd4 results, I have always had very high cd4 700 + and today they dropped to 499, still undetected, 0 virus in the blood and 46 % . Here is my question: Should I be concern ? You said it before, as long the percentage and the virus is undetected is no reason to be worry but I am very scare doctor!!! I am afraid about my cd4 count, please answer me doctor. and I thank you in advance!

Daylet GOD BLESS YOU DR YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I don't believe you need to be worried. As you mentioned, your viral load is suppressed and CD4% is well in the normal range. I'd wonder if you had a minor medical issue like a cold or sinus infection at the time of your test.

either way, I' m not concerned and would do anything differently at this point. Indeed, current guidleines recommend doing CD4 count tests only once every 6-12 months individuals like you.

Be well, BY

food
follow-up question (Running out of medication options)