|Late on PEP
Jun 2, 2013
Hello, I've got 8 days left on my course of PEP. Throughout I've been quite consistent with taking it (always between 9:45 and 10). I've just missed one now by 1 hour 45, taking it at 11:45. When should I take the next dose? Should I wait 12 hours and take it at 11:45, or can I return to my original time frame of 10?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
You're over thinking the dosing. A single late dose won't cause any issues. Just continue taking your future doses as you would have (ie., between 9:45 and 10). Indeed, as long as you're within a 3-4 hour window of your target dose, there's no need to worry at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.