Taken medicine late by 8 hours

Hi Dr. Young,

I have been taking 1 tablet Combivir at 10am and 1 tablet Combivir + 1 tablet Stocrin at 10pm daily for about 1 year. This morning due to some emergency issues at my workplace I forgot to take my 10am dose. When i realized, it was 5.50pm and i tried to call my health care provider but no body answer and my friend told me that i should take the dose immediately. I have do as my friend suggested.

Please let me know if generally this is okay for taking combivir late for 8 hours (for the first time)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and thanks for posting.

While you're a bit late in taking that dose of Combivir, there's little harm (other than the possibility of short-term side effects, like nausea or headache) in taking one dose 8 hours late. Indeed, since lamivudine (half of Combivir) is approved as a once daily medication, there's no problem whatsoever with this medication, the only issue is with the AZT part (and it's side effects).

I hope that helps, BY

RE: Truvada. Presista Norwir in Bangkok ? [Channeling Andrew]
Understanding Labs