How long may Sustiva affect my mood

Hello. I was on Atripla for 7 weeks and had to stop it because of insomnia and depression, among other side effects (I had no symptoms of depression before taking this med). I stopped it 5 days ago and have been on Truvada/Norvir/Reyataz for 3 days now. Yet, I still feel anxious, depressed and get little or no sleep. My questions : could Sustiva/efavirenz still be affecting my mood almost a week after stopping it ? And can Truvada and/or Reyataz trigger or maintain a depressive state as well ? Thank you for your help

Hello and thanks for posting.

Yes, since efavirenz can last a long time in the body, it's quite reasonable that it will take some additional time to see to what extent the side effects abate.

I'd expect resolution of the symptoms, and neither Truvada or Reyataz are associated with any psychological side effects.

For more information about specific medications, take a look at AIDS InfoNet's fact sheets.

I hope that's helpful. BY

2 drugs
HIV, Cancer, TB