Deveoped resistance.

Dr. Young, 47 yr old m. I have been on Isentress and truvada for over 3 yrs beautifully. However, last labs went undectable to 15,000, but increase in tcell from 800 to nearly 900.?? Dr. Ordered resistance test, plus reorder the labs. Is it possible mistake? I hate the thought of finding something as well tolerated as this again. Ihave Truvada in many regimines in the past. I do have the M184 mutation. What are your thoughts? NO MISSED DOSES.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Seems suspicious that you would have such a high viral load after doing so well for so long. Indeed, virological failure after three years of successful, adherent therapy (especially if there weren't previous treatment failures) is very unusual.

My first impression is that perhaps the detectable viral load was a lab error, a repeat test (of course also doing the resistance test too) makes sense.

Hopefully your doctor ordered testing that includes genotypic or phenotypic resistance testing to raltegravir (Isentress), as it would be important to know how this key drug was fairing.

Let us know what the results show. BY

Not quite undetectable
Bitter taste from meds