May 16, 2013
Dear sir,I am treating chronic hepatitis b using entricitabine/tenofovir..and my urea and creatinine levels have increased so high and the sodium level is very high above normal I am so scared right now ...please what will I do
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
It's concerning that your kidney function tests have gotten worse- particularly so, since tenofovir can cause kidney injury.
The first things that need to be done are to confirm the results as well as checking the urine for protein loss.
There are alternative treatments, so not all is lost here.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should A Person With Hepatitis C Be Working With Food?
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection After 4 Weeks
- What Is The Average Time To Test Positive For Hiv?
- Can A Health Care Professional Refuse To Treat A Hiv Patient?
- Environmental And Lifestyle Factors Related To Hiv
- How Long Are Lymph Nodes Swollen With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.