Flu symptoms 5 days post exposure

This past weekend I gave oral sex to a female strip club employee. I was drunk and drinking. I also have slight gum inflammation.

On Monday I woke up seating in my bed. The temperature was normal. I also started to feel fatigued and developed a sore throat. Yesterday I started to develop flu like sysmtoms and today I was seen a by doctor who said my tongue was slightly white, with redness in throat. He prescribed me an antibiotic.

I am concerned because recent finding have reported symptoms in as little as 5 days in people. Also flu symptoms are the most ignored symptoms of the onstage of HIV.

I also have slightly diminished immune system due to multiple rounds of anti biotics due to mold in my A/C unit that was recently removed .

Please help

Hello and thanks for posting.

First, this sounds like a near-zero risk exposure. There are many thinks that you might contract (other than HIV) that might cause your symptoms.

Unfortunately, even if this was a HIV exposure, you're outside the window of time where PEP is effective (<72 hours).

At this point, I'd stay in touch with your doctor, consider getting the recommended routine HIV testing (perhaps now, but certainly 3 months after the exposure).

Be well, BY

Stomach Upset & ATRVs
Hypersegmented neutrophils indication of leukemia?worried sick