ARV in Malaysia

I'm an European living in Malaysia (I've been here for the last 3 years). HIV care is free even for me who I'm not resident at the government hospital (i.e. Sungai Buloh and KL General Hospital for Kuala Lumpur). You need to pay for the VL and CD4 count (450MYR, which is about 150USD) and the medicine. There's no need for a prescription in order to buy ARV in Malaysia, there's only one pharmacy selling it which is Standard Pharmacy (neraby General Hospital, Chow Kit area). I'm on Tenvir EM + Stocrin and it's 530MYR per month (170 USD). I usually buy the same medicine for cheaper in BKK if I'm travelling there at the red cross as another user on the site wrote here, but it needs prescription. Anyway it's still way cheaper.

Hello and thanks for sharing your experiences from Malaysia (site of this year's International AIDS Society conference).

It seems like that you're well situated, even for a non-resident.

I'd welcome hearing about other's experiences in other parts of the world. BY

Discouraged
Virus shows resistenece to meds