Controlled HIV infection Dental problems

Hello, Doctor Young ! I m 33 old female , living in Italy , HIV positive since 1999, and i m now on integrase inhibitor (experimental drug, i think), protease inhibitor and R.T. inhibitor. My doc said i m doing well. However , i have dental problems, and i received 4 zirconia-ceramic crowns. A friend of me told me , that they are radioactive, because uranium and hafnium are found in natural circonia ores, and can not be removed by manufactures, and also, i could swallow pieces of dental ceramics and so get some alpha rays in my body...Is that really true? I m in higher cancer risk through my HIV-status and certainly donz want to have aditional (oral) cancer risks due to dental ceramics? What should i do, and which dental materials would you recomand? Thank you so much I wish you all the best

Marina

Hello Marina and thanks for posting.

As far as I know and could research, there is no radioactive material in zirconium crowns.

There is evidence of higher rates of certain cancers among people living with HIV, none are associated with dental materials. Rather, higher rates of oral, anal and cervical cancers appear to be related to human papilloma virus infection.

Hope that helps, BY

boy cured with cord blood?
eviplera