anti HAVIgG reactive
May 11, 2013
Good day! Could a vaccine make the reactive anti HAVIgG non reactive? Is a reactive HAVIgG infectious? thank u!
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
A positive HAV IgG indicates either previous infection or vaccination. The test does not indicate anything about infectivity, but most people with positive IgGs are not contagious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Getting Rid Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- How Long Do Acute Hiv Symptoms Last?
- Would Chlamydia Show Up In A Pap Test
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.