May 7, 2013
I am currently on medication for hiv and i am being tested for drugs, i keep getting positive for benzos. is there a reason for this?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Drug testing is typically very specific. HIV medications don't cross react with benzodiazepines in this type of testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
- Can Drugs Affect Result Of Hiv Test?
- Can I Trust A 8 Month Negative Hiv Elisa Test?
- Can You Get HIV From A Dog Licking Your Vagina?
- Does Having Crohn's Disease Affect Hiv Antibody Test Result?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.