Does Bactrim help treat Chlamydia?
May 7, 2013
I was just wondering if Bactrim also helps treat chlamydia. I don't have chlamydia, however I do have a Urinary Tract Infection. Since chlamydia is a bacteria of some sort as an STD and Bactrim treats bacteria, I was just wondering if it helped with that as well.
Response from Dr. Young
Bactrim (cotrimoxazole) does not treat Chlamydia infection..
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 2 Weeks?
- What Non Sexual Ways Can Herpes Be Spread?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Treatment For Perineal Herpes Sore
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.