Should I be concerned? About my numbers and my medicine?

Hi Doctor. I'm the individual who has asked you previously about whether chewing my Complera was ok. My doctor called and gave me the results of my last blood draw that was taken a week and a half ago. Cd4 went from 671 to 691 and my VL went from 67 to...71. Now she however stated that she is marking this as unchanged and that it may be a lab error. However, I would like your opinion on it. Does this intact mean that chewing the complera just isn't going to cut it? Kinda nervous and scared.

Hi Nervous,

I agree with your doctor. There aren't any meaningful differences between your two sets of labs. Indeed, viral loads in this very low range are not infrequently lab errors, or the result of insignificant activation of your immune system (from stress, cold sores or colds).

Chewing your medication should have no effect; but make sure that you are getting the recommended dietary intake of food (~400 cal) with each dose. This could have an impact on the amount of the Complera that you absorb.

Be well, BY

Urgent! I am running out of ISENTRESS® (raltegravir) - options what to do
Complera timing/food requirement