Urgent! I am running out of ISENTRESS® (raltegravir) - options what to do

Hi. I have been on Truvada and Raltegravir for almost 2 years now. I had to leave the UK for 2.5 weeks urgently and I did not have enough Raltegravir to cover all my stay abroad. I am running out of Raltegravir on the 4th of May and I am not back in the UK until the 10th. What should I do? I have seen before where people can take a break to avoid creating resistance. I do have Truvada to last me the whole period. What is the correct thing to do? I am currently undetectable.

Hi and thanks for posting.

I'd recommend taking both the Truvada and Isentress (raltegravir) until you run out of the Iater. It's far better to interrupt all HIV medications simultaneously for a few days and then resume them together.

With an undetectable viral load, it usually takes around 10-14 days before the virus returns, so the risk of developing drug resistance during these interruptions is very low.

Hope that helps, BY

Interpreting CD8 while taking ART
Should I be concerned? About my numbers and my medicine?