Apr 27, 2013
In 2009,detected. cd4 is now 640, when I have to start meds , subhash.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello Subhash and thanks for posting.
Here in the US, HIV treatment is recommended for all positive people.
Elsewhere, the usual recommendation is to start treatment when CD4 counts are below either 500 or 350. If you have HIV-related symptoms, treatment is recommended irrespective of CD4 count in many locales.
For more information about "when to start", please scan other posts in this Forum.
I hope that helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.