Managing bloating with stribild

I've been on stribild for about three and a half months, and have been experiencing pretty constant lower abdominal bloating, feeling of fullness that never goes away. I eat very healthy and my diet has not changed at all since starting stribild. Is there a medical reason for this, and is there anything I can do to lessen or correct it? Instead of having a flat stomach I not seem to have I bit of a paunch than never goes away.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Gastrointestinal side effects are uncommon, but a characteristic side effect of Stribild. After three months, it's unlikely that they'll improve on their own, but it might be worth trying to take the medication with different foods or at a different time of the day. Sometimes simethicone (a medication for treating gas) can be helpful, but if the side effects require more medications, I'd be inclined to consider switching to a different HIV medication.

Paunch is perhaps a different issue. Is this related to gas/bloating or is it truly fat accumulation? The later could either be because of weight gain (as can happen after you get HIV under control) or early signs of lipodystrophy. I'd be sure to discuss these questions with your care provider.

Be well, BY

SWITCHING HIV MEDS THEN STOPPING TO TAKE NEW MEDS
Garcinia Cambogia Extract.....Safe or not?