Swallowing problem URGENT please

My regimen is darunavir + norvir once a day. I'm on monotherapy and so far everything is fine. I'm still undetectable since the beginning in September 2012. Two days ago I had problems in swallowing the norvir pill which remained on my tongue for 7-8 seconds approx. My concern is that the pill melted partially on my tongue and that I swallowed a reduced dose inferior to 100 mg. Is this possible? I know that pills are coated with a protective film, but how long does this film resist in a wet environment like the mouth? Should I be concerned?

Hi and thanks for posting.

You're on a somewhat unorthodox (but common in Europe) boosted PI monotherapy regimen-- it's interesting to know that you're virus is suppressed on this regimen.

There's no problem with having the tablet partially dissolve on your tongue at all- so worry not.

Be well, BY

cd4
SWITCHING HIV MEDS THEN STOPPING TO TAKE NEW MEDS