Apr 18, 2013
My cousin's viral load is 19100 copies/mL. What it shows?
| Response from Dr. Young
The viral load is a test to measure the amount of virus circulating in the blood. A HIV viral load of ~20,000 is a common, average level for someone not taking HIV medications.
Viral loads should reach undetectable levels within a few months of starting (and adhering to) HIV medications. For more information about viral loads, look at this page from AIDSInfonet.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Groin Pain?
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.