Truvada and Kaletra - dosage timings for PEP ?

Hello Dr. Young, I was prescribed the Truvada-Kaletra combination as PEP while on holiday in California, and managed to begin 20 hours after possible exposure. I then began taking two Kaletra in the morning and two Kaletra / one Truvada in the evening. On days 2, 3, and 4 my Kaletra doses in the morning were late by about 2 hours (taken at 12pm instead of 10am). My evening dose of Kaletra/Truvada was relatively on time at 10pm, except for day 5 when I fell asleep on the plane coming back and took my Truvada / Kaletra evening dose 2 hours late ! I have been able to be bang on time since Day 5. I am rather worried as I know that the first week is important.

Best, Tino

Hi Tino and thanks for posting.

You need not worry. Your doses are well within an acceptable time window.

Be well, BY

Exercise while on PEP
Testing