Apr 16, 2013
I would appreciate your advice for my situation. have browsed the forums but decided I should ask this personally as my situation and symptoms seem unique. had unprotected oral and protected anal with a male stranger in the early morning of 12th April (2 am). performed oral sex on him for about five minutes, and he pushed my head down to deep throat him a few times which made me gag and feel a bit raw at the back of throat. then had protected sex with condom (I saw him put it on) and lube for about five minutes. then he took off condom and used his finger to force my lips open to cum in my mouth. i couldn't stop him from doing that as it happened too fast. i quickly spit out the semen a few seconds later.
I developed a sore throat the next day in the late evening (13th April), and it has continued to worsen into a blocked/runny nose and dry cough now. I am having a bad headache and lethargy too. I am worried that I have caught an STD, or maybe more than one as it was a place for anonymous sex and i did not ask his HIV status
My concerns are because:
1. i have chapped and slightly bleeding lips because of the cold harsh winter/spring. i also brushed my teeth about 30 mins before the encounter. 2. i did not ask his HIV status, and being in an anonymous backroom for sex, he could have anything (he certainly seemed familiar with the surroundings and people there) 3. i have not had a sore throat or been sick for more than a year, and this sickness came so suddenly. Could it be a fast-appearing symptom of gonorrhea, chlamydia or syphilis?
4. most importantly, i fear HIV transmission due to the reason of my chapped and slightly bleeding lips, and also the brushing of teeth 30 mins before and 15 mins after the encounter.
I would appreciate it a lot if i could get advice on this, and to calm my fears too especially about the HIV scare. I live alone and I am very very scared now. Thank you for understanding and for your help...
Response from Dr. Young
Sorry, we don't answer questions about "Do I have HIV?" on this forum.
Please search or post on Forum on Safe Sex and HIV Prevention
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Chills A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Warts With Gonorrhea?
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.