Stelara for Psorasis & HIV +

Hi again Doctor Young,

You recently answered my question in a prior post, regarding Complera & belly fat. Thank you for that. I failed to ask my question correctly to you for my Psorasis & Stelera. I should have asked, will Stelera drop my tcells, causing me problems, or will the tcells stay in a "healthy" range. Are there HIV+ people, with psorasis using Stelera more often now? I fought so hard to get to 684 & undectectable & would hate if I go backwards, instead of going forward. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Frank

Hi again Frank and thanks for posting.

I'm not aware of any studies of positive people who are also taking Stelera, but I wouldn't expect major changes in your test results.

If your psoriasis is really a problem and Stelera is a good treatment for you, then staying on your HIV medications and optimally treating your skin issues seems like a very reasonable way to improve your health and quality of life.

With your normal CD4 cell count, I'd not focus on the minute changes in these numbers (indeed, current recommendations would only have you check CD4s every 6-12 months), but rather on your overall health.

I hope that's helpful. Be well, BY

Truvada / Kaletra for PReP with omeprazole
took intelence 100mg twice a day by mistake