Truvada / Kaletra for PReP with omeprazole
Apr 12, 2013
Hi ! I've just ben prescribed Kaletra / Truvada a Post-exposure Prophylaxis but usually take 20mg of Omeprazole. Are there any interactions between these ? Should I stop taking the Omeprazole while i am on these ? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
There aren't any interactions between antacids and acid-lowering agents like omeprazole and your PEP medications.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Mosquitoes Give You Std's?
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Will Rinsing Your Mouth With Peroxide Help Thrush?
- Hepatitis Transmission Receiving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.