Typhoid vaccine

Hi Doc,

I work in the hotel industry specifically in room service where we serve food to guests. As part of the hotel's policy we (in the hotel's Food & Beverage division) are instructed to get a Typhoid vaccine during our employment within the intervals of 2-3 years.

I had my initial Typhoid vaccine before I joined the hotel in 2010. This was some time before I started my meds (which are Truvada and Efivarenz) in 2011. However, just this morning I went on again for my second vaccine after 3 years.

Now, my question is would the Typhoid vaccine, in any way, has some sort of drug interaction with my meds regime of Truvada and Efivarenz? Is it alright for me to get that vaccine?

With regards.

There are no specific drug-drug interactions between vaccinations and HIV medications. What's probably more relevant is whether the vaccination is a live attenuated vaccine (often not recommended for HIVers) or the inactivated vaccine.

I hope that helps, BY

Delayed (Accidental or Not) Doses
ok Now I have gotten RNY surgery and started meds