switch from atripla to truvada, norvir and prezista

After a difficult diagnosis of AIDS, which I still fight with, I was placed on Atripla. After 2 years, I finally got over the 200 cd4 count mark, but moved sooooo slowly. My doctor decided I should switch meds to help with cd4 count. I am now switched to truvada, norvir and prezista. 2 questions. Do I need to take in evening like atripla? And 2, is this regiment the most current advance for me, or is there still a one or two pill answer out there for me?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You can take your new regimen at any time, preferably after a small snack or meal. This new regimen is among one of several highly recommended regimens in current first-line treatments, and a one-pill relative is in late stage clinical trials.

I'm not convinced that the switch will result in dramatic changes in the trajectory of your CD4 cell increases, but small increases have been reported by some investigators.

So, let us know how this works out for you, BY

Raltegravir, Etravirine and Truvada based regiment
Hiv Meds and Herbal Supplements