Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My Recent Blood Report
Apr 8, 2013

Hi My recent Blood report says that my SGPT is 10 U/L and referenc range showing in report is 40 U/L and even my mean cell volume is 69fl ,mean cell haemoglobin is 21pg and serum creatine is 0.87 mg/dl ,is those are corect values,plz let me know bcoz there is slight difference of those values from reference range..is there any major concern regarding those values..

Observed Value : Reference count : Mean Cell volume : 69fl 76-96 Mean Cell Hemoglobin : 21pg 27-33 Mean Cell Hemoglobin Concentration : 30g/dl 29-37 SGPT : 10 U/L UPTO 40 SERUM CREATINE : 0.87 mg/dl 0.9-1.3 mg/dl

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

The tests of our kidney (creatinine) and liver (SGPT) are in the normal range.

The other tests (MCV, MCH) are a bit low and suggestive of having a particular type of anemia, characterized by having slightly smaller than normal red blood cells (that's the cell volume parameter). Iron deficiency is the most common cause of this.

I'd suggest that you speak to your health care provider about the test results and what kind of additional analysis or treatment is recommended.

BY

Previous
Neuropathy + slow progressor HIV
Next
Raltegravir, Etravirine and Truvada based regiment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.