JUST DIAGNOSE HIV WITH LOW CD4

I JUST WAS DIAGNOSE WITH VIH, AND MY CD4 WAS 49. INMEDIATELY STARTED THE TREATMENT. MY QUESTION IS CAN I MAKE IT... OR THE CHANCES TO DIE WITH SO LOW CD4 ARE HIGH? I HAVE LOST 8 KILOS AND I WANT TO GAIN IT AGAIN..

Hello and thanks for posting.

While you're not unusual with your very late diagnosis (it's why so many of us on the medical side of the community are struggling with try to get people tested), yes, you can make it.

Assuming that you've been put on a good treatment regimen (selected based on your virus' drug resistance pattern, if any, and your kidney and liver health) and can stay adherent to your regimen, I'd expect that your health can certainly improve- I'd expect to see between 100-200 CD4 cell increase in the first year and most of your weight to return in a matter of a few months.

So, stay with the meds, communicate your questions and concerns to your healthcare provider... and of course, write back any time.

Be well, BY

Taf Tenofovir Bones
subtypes