Taf Tenofovir Bones

Hello. I was unable to tolerate Atripla because Tenofovir almost shut down my walking. Sulfa in Epzicom gave me rathes. Combivir almost shut down my ability to move. So, I'm on Prezista, Isentress, Emtriva & Norvir. I'd like to be able to take 1 pill. Are there any new single-dose meds in the pipeline w/o Tenofovir or sulfa? Some say the Tenofovir in Taf will be more tolerable. Is this true? When will it be available? Thanks for your time.

Hello and thanks for posting.

All current single pill regimens contain tenofovir DF. The new tenofovir prodrug, TAF is currently in late-stage clinical development and preliminary data suggests that the medication will have less of an effect on kidneys and bone health.

TAF's program includes single tablet formulation with efavirenz and boosted darunavir. It might still be 1-2 years before the drug is FDA approved (and this, of course, depends on the ongoing studies' results).

I hope that helps. BY

Please Help. PEP and OCD drugs interactions
JUST DIAGNOSE HIV WITH LOW CD4