headache

Hello Dr Young, I am currently on prezista,trubada,norvir for almost a year,recently they switched the prezista 400mg two pills once a day to 800mg once a day, i started the 800 two months ago, today i am having very intensive headache that does not go away, do you think is due to prezista? I am stressing lately, thanks in advance. Daylet.

Hello Daylet and thanks for posting again.

If you didn't have headaches when you were taking the two-400 mg tablets of Prezista, there's no reason to think that switching to the single 800 mg tablet should have anything to do with the headaches.

Indeed, I'd think that you may have touched on a possible cause- the stress that you're having.

In any event, I'd suggest talking to your care provider about your symptoms.

Be well, BY

Stribild.. time to change to a different med?
Does Merinol Damage the Heart?