adivce on medication side effects

I began meds following a telephone conversation with doctor. I had a cd4 count of 280.. he prescribed GPO vir Z-250 x2 a day. I have been taking these now about 2.5 weeks. I have had early side efects like dizzyness, then I had a bad fever for 4 days followed by a rash which I still have and may now be developing hives and now my face is puffy and I have very sensitive feet and hands? Are these normal side effects? how long can they last? should I adjust the amount of pills I am taking? Sorry I live in a non english speaking country, any advice would be appreciated.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'd agree that it was time for your to start HIV medications...

On the other hand, the symptoms that you describe should be discussed with your care provider promptly. Fever and rash can be potentially serious side effects of the nevirapine part of the GPO vir-Z, particularly if the symptoms are worsening with each dose. If mild, the rash of nevirapine sometimes improves over time without intervention.

I would not recommend adjusting the number of pills that you're taking.

Hope that helps and feel free to write back anytime. BY

missed hiv meds
Meds for treatment naive