Switching Pep meds

First let me say thank you for your dedication to the community in dealing with HIV. I had an incident with a broken condom and a partner who has a reputation. I was placed on a combination Lamivudine/Stavudine at the ER. I completed 14 days and was switched to Truvada/Kaletra after some physical discomfort. Does PEP lose effectivness by switching meds? I did not skip a day between meds so Im still on the 28 day regimen.

Hi and thanks for your kind words.

Yes, it's ok to switch PEP regimens mid stream- there really shouldn't be any change in effectiveness if switch is for side effects. Indeed, I wonder where you live, such that stavudine is even administered for PEP.

I hope that helps, BY

eczema problem
tenofovir prodrugs gs4370 and TAF